Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Witches of East End Novel & TV Series

So I was playing ketchup with the telly the other evening and I saw a totally awesome looking preview that reminded me of several novels and other TV shows that I used to be obsessed with growing up. Initially I thought of the The Fyne Witches series. You know those Sun Witch, Moon Witch, etc. books? Then it kind of put me in the mind of Twitches, but a more edgy and racy version of course. And lastly I couldn't help but think about that totally awesome TV show "Charmed." You guys remember that show that centered on three powerful witches who were also beautiful drama filled sisters? "The Power of Three" ladies?


Well anyway the preview ended...and I realized I didn't even catch the title of the show. I knowww, all that contemplating and I ended up missing the actual name of the show. So I did a little researching and discovered that it's a TV show focusing on three cursed witches. A mother and her two daughters try to live normal lives (why do supernatural folk always try to live normal lives? That's like the oldest and biggest fairytale lie they tell themselves.) but ends up entrenched in a web of magic, fate, betrayal, and the usual good vs evil adventures. Here's an actual summary from an online article.

~~Julia Ormond stars as Joanna, a witch in a seaside town who is cursed to lose her daughters, Freya and Ingrid (Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Rachel Boston), over and over — giving birth to them again each time they die. She decides to break the curse by casting a spell over her girls so that they won’t dabble in witchcraft or know their true nature. Now they’re grown and fate has come calling on the night of Freya’s engagement party: Spells are cast, gloom and agony are foretold and, when Freya starts making out with her fiance’s brother, a vase of roses bursts into flames.~~

Sounds good right? Right!

I actually can't wait for the premiere. I've been waiting on another good supernatural show to break the mold and I'm hoping this is it. I'm a sucker for a good witch tale and the fact that this series is based off the book series from Melissa de la Cruz, the ones with those lovely mythological and totally in-depth Beauchamp ladies, I think it may be a winner. Check out the promo below!



Looks good, yeah? Freeeaaakkkkin' Yeaaahhh!! I think my other supernatural freak of a sister will love this show too! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment